Heli Ski Legend - Doug Stoup.
DOUG STOUP is the world's leading polar guide and polar expedition leader. He is also a coveted cinematographer, reality tv star, ski & snowboard mountaineer, climber, motivational speaker, environmentalist, and educator. He owns and operates Ice Axe Expeditions, a World Class Ski Touring Company that leads skiers and boarders to remote destinations including Antarctica, Spitsbergen, Morocco, Greenland, Iceland, Kamchatka, Alaska and Canada. Doug inspires our clients with inspiring stories with hard-won lessons from polar exploits to deliver custom keynotes that impact listeners of all backgrounds – and workplaces of all types – positively. Few share Doug’s abundant adventures and experiences, but many now have the opportunity to share in the stories and lessons they teach. Doug imparts his renowned approach to teamwork, vision, risk management, focus, leadership, and perseverance and determination to his audiences. He’s also a great guy to have a few beers with and do some turns.
Some of Doug’s particular achievements include:
- Over Ten Years of Active Expedition Experience
- Featured Internationally in Film and Television
- First Ski and Snowboard Descent of Vinson Massif
- Pioneered Streaming Media from Expeditions
- First to "Ice Bike" long distance in Antarctica
- First American Male to Ski to the South Pole
- Guiding adventurers to the Geographic North Pole
- 660 mile trek across Antarctica to the South Pole